Friday, August 21, 2009

Can you write a Yuletide story using the items listed below?

Use the first five phrases exactly, and enter your own idea for item 6. They may be used in any order you wish. Please either number the items in the story or capitalize them to highlight. Thanks and have fun.



1 Diamonds



2 Spandex



3 Officer Obie



4 Twist and Shout



5 Aurora Borealis



6 Any alcoholic beverage



Can you write a Yuletide story using the items listed below?computer



"Look Santa." Said Mrs Christmas with concern in her voice, "This year Christmas Eve is colder than ever and you're not getting any younger. I think you should wear a pair of my Spandex (1) hosiery under your costume to keep warm."



"What," Retorted Santa, "And run the risk of being arrested by Officer Obie?(2) I suppose that you'll want me to wear diamonds(3) in my ears too?"



"I don't think that will be necessary." Said Mrs Christmas frostily. "After all you will be travelling through the Aurora Borealis(4) and there are no diamonds on Earth as beautiful as that. You can pick up some stardust as you go through it."



"Yes, I suppose so." Said Santa. "I'm sorry for being so abrupt. Now, before I go I think a tot of brandy(5) will help keep me warm. Why not pour me a large one?"



"As long as you're careful dear." Said Mrs Christmas, smiling. "I remember the Christmas of 1963 when you had a bit too much before you went. You kept singing Beatles songs while you were delivering.

No comments:

Post a Comment