Sunday, August 23, 2009

Who is responsible for Mortgage company mistake?

I fell behind in my payments with my mortgage (not part of the sub prime mortgage mess) and the house went into foreclosure. I set up a repayment plan with the mortgage company and have successfully brought everything current over the last year. This past Friday I get a "Notice of Trustee Sale" posted to my door announcing my house was going to be auctioned in a few weeks. I called the company who posted this and they told me that I have not made payments on one of my mortgages. At the time of setting up the repayment plan, I had two mortgages with Aurora. Since I worked with Aurora to set up a repayment plan, I assumed that both mortgages were being taken care of, because the monthly payment increased substantially and that the two mortgages were handled by the same company. But Aurora only did the repayment for one mortgage and not the other. I questioned it, but Aurora said they were the only ones I need to work with, that is not the case. What can I do?



Who is responsible for Mortgage company mistake?anti virus scan



I would immediately contact an attorney. My personal feeling is that the mortgage company is wrong but the law could have a different outcome. The attoney could probably temporarily stop the sale and at least if it is your fault it should buy you some time in finding another place to live.



Who is responsible for Mortgage company mistake?ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment