Friday, August 21, 2009

What are some good ways to prepare for dental school?

I graduated in May 2006 which was actually a year early. I've wanted to be a dentist since i was 8 years old, and i still feel strongly about it. I moved here to Colorado from Kansas. And now i'm trying to figure out how everything works. I know i need to attend college for 4 years, but before i apply to a dental school, which i'm really looking at the one in Aurora, CO, i need to take my DAT correct?



I've been trying to get situated with my move and everything but now i'm ready to start school. what are some good ways for me to prepare?



I'd really appreciate advice from recent dental graduates or current students. Thank you.



What are some good ways to prepare for dental school?antivirus programs



I am not a dental student but here is what you need to know....



After high school you need a 4 year degree (Bachelor's) is usually required. You can major in anything but there are courses that you are required to take such as 1 year of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, as well as Organic Chemistry and Microbiology and other science courses before you get into Dental School.



What you should do when you get to college:



Join a Pre-dental club. They have knowledge to get you on the right track.



You need to keep your GPA as high as possible in college and your science GPA even higher. Having a 4.0 would be exceptional but that is not all that is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment