Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do I know if my 6 month old cat is just playing or really hurting my new 8 week old kitten?

I have a 6 month male cat (Donatello) and just recently got an 8 week old female kitten (Aurora). I can't tell if they get along, Donatello likes to sneak up and attack her, biting scratching, pinning her down. Aurora does cry when he does this to her, but immediately stops because Donatello then proceeds to licking her all over. Is this a sign of affection? I just can't tell because he is so much bigger than her and I am always afraid he is going to hurt her when he pins her down and bites her. I've tried stopping him by squirting him with water, which doesn't seem to work for long. Also I've been leaving them in separate rooms, but Aurora just cries the whole time (VERY loudly). I just don't really know what to do, my boyfriend and I have even talked about trying to find a new home for Aurora, but I really don't want to have to resort to that if I don't have to.



How do I know if my 6 month old cat is just playing or really hurting my new 8 week old kitten?anti virus protection



My cats fight all the time too, As long as he is not drawing blood frequently, I would think it would be okay. Some cats are just more aggressive than others. And he licks her- my cats just fight and then stalk off. I would take that as a good sign.



How do I know if my 6 month old cat is just playing or really hurting my new 8 week old kitten?antivirus

No comments:

Post a Comment