Friday, August 21, 2009

The Sims 2, Alienware, vista? not installing :(?

I have an Alienware aurora thingie, and it has Vista. Sites say you can install the sims 2 with vista fine. My graphics/video card supports the sims 2, also. I cant get a game "patch" because I cant even get past the 2nd disk!



Anyway, I tried that Direct-x thing, did nothing, tried downloading it to the disk drive, just came up with "D:/ error " after I put in the 2nd disk, and every time I try [4th time now] it says [once to the second disk] "Can't transport media from disk! retry or cancel installation" and if I push "retry," it loads 3 more percents, then stops, and it comes up again, I push retry, loads 3 more percents, and continues.



what should I do? :(



The Sims 2, Alienware, vista? not installing :(?ariel



It sounds like damage to the disk. Try to clean the disk VERY GENTLY with a soft sponge (let it dry naturally before putting it back).



If you have a second drive, try that drive. Sometimes the laser is a bit more tolerant on other drives.



If that fails, make a copy to your hard drive of that disk. When it asks for disk 2, point it to the copy.



If that fails, contact EA and see what the replacement disk policy is.



The Sims 2, Alienware, vista? not installing :(?computers



Your sims cd is probably scratched or messed up. If your cd drive loads then installs other cds just fine..it is probably the disk.



If you can, try installing it on another computer and see if it works.



Oh, and do you have the DVD version of the sims 2, or the CD version? Because if it is DVD the dvd part of your cd drive might be messed up (if a "dvd part" even exists). Try playing a DVD movie in it, see if it works right.
Sims 2 and Vista are not that compatible; I believe people who have been able to install the game have had to tweak their settings in order to get it to work.



I'd recommend checking the Sims 2 BBS forum, probably under technical help.

No comments:

Post a Comment